Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Jets and Reverses 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Yeah but the Wildcat package at Arkansas created much different types of big plays as they ran out of the gun with Darren McFadden at QB. B-Rad won't be ripping up the middle of defenses on similar QB read/counters off of the jet sweep action.

The scheme TXST now incorporates reminds me a lot of what McNeese used to do with BJ Sams. Mostly under center, you can flash the jet and smack up the middle or handoff and fake the dive. More downhill and quicker than the read we ran with Barrick (and attempted to run last year), this is an appropriate adjustment with the speed we have on the field with stan, alvin, and morris. Formations also scream McNeese State Cowboys, utilizing FBs in the "up" position where they are essentially wingbacks who can pull around or inside. The misdirection should help against Cal Poly for sure.

This was really a worthless post by me, but I'm bored.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:34 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Yeah but the Wildcat package at Arkansas created much different types of big plays as they ran out of the gun with Darren McFadden at QB. B-Rad won't be ripping up the middle of defenses on similar QB read/counters off of the jet sweep action.

The scheme TXST now incorporates reminds me a lot of what McNeese used to do with BJ Sams. Mostly under center, you can flash the jet and smack up the middle or handoff and fake the dive. More downhill and quicker than the read we ran with Barrick (and attempted to run last year), this is an appropriate adjustment with the speed we have on the field with stan, alvin, and morris. Formations also scream McNeese State Cowboys, utilizing FBs in the "up" position where they are essentially wingbacks who can pull around or inside. The misdirection should help against Cal Poly for sure.

This was really a worthless post by me, but I'm bored.

Great post it is an insiders view that I think will help some understand what changes are being made. I really like this new offense and understand what you're saying. A few other wrinkles that can be thrown in with this offense are the Belly and Flip play (HB toss opposite the Jet motion).

Also bored

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:39 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2